Goals and Prayer Requests:
- We need to get a helicopter to Australia early this year for an upgrade and major inspection, but with all the restrictions it is proving very difficult
- More and more regulations are coming out and it's getting more and more difficult to maintain our licenses here. Please pray God continues to open the door for us to serve here
- Our team will be down to 3 expat families and 2 of us are due for a furlough this year. Please pray for our smaller team to stay energized and to be able to continue to serve the Papuan people even as families take breaks.
- Sammy, one of our maintenance apprentice will be headed to school for a couple months in order to obtain his helicopter basic license. This will be a huge accomplishment for him if he passes the test. Please pray for him as he studies. Once he gets his basic license we can apply for his type rating and he will be our first local staff to be a signing mechanic!
- Alberth is a new mechanic to use and is currently under a trial period. He has great character and already has his airplane and turbine engine basic license. He has never worked on helicopters, so Matt is spending a lot of time training him. Please pray he sticks around and feels called to serve with us long term
- We have 3 local pilots that are in training to fly with us. Matt has already instructed them over 100 hrs. Please pray for safety as we train in a difficult area to fly and that they really advance their skills this year.
- Our international school is very understaffed and is under threat of losing accreditation, please pray that teachers are sent, or that God opens a way for our kids to continue to get education here
Thank you for supporting us in Prayer!