Sunday, January 4, 2015

This is the beginning of our adventure

Enough talk. Time to DO something...
And here we go!

Earlier this evening and earlier this week, we said goodbye to family and friends. It was hard.

But let me just tell you where we are at right this second....

It is 11:04pm. We just packed and weighed all our suitcases to make sure they did not go over 50lbs.....(I'm pretty sure each one is exactly 50lbs!)

We just sent out our quarterly newsletter, and now I am writing you.
I am in my pajamas with my hair in a messy bun.  My make up is slightly smudged because quite a few tears have leaked out today.  Grace has been asleep for a few hours.  Matt and his cousin Beth are chatting in the kitchen.  Mom Meeuwse just went to bed.....  our night is wrapping up.  And in reality it was a good day.  We made some good memories.  But saying goodbye is always a little hard.

In the morning our world will change again.  (good thing we like adventures) =)
Our flight leaves at 11:20 tomorrow morning.  By tomorrow night we will be living in New York!
WHAT? Crazy.....maybe it will hit me once we finally land, or when my feet hit the ground, or when the icy cold weather hits my face....or maybe it will hit me sometime next week. HA!

Friend, guess what?...We are excited.  It is bittersweet.  But if you read our past blogs you will see how God has prepared us for this, and how He has been so FAITHFUL and loving.  We look back to those times when we are feeling sad and we are so encouraged!

This adventure is just beginning.  It has been a long time in the making.....lots of prep, lots of work. But here we are.  This is the beginning.  Let's do this thing together.

We have lots more to share with you! Lots of fun pictures and stories....But our internet is slow and so are our brains tonight.  We need some sleep and so we will leave you with that anticipation. =)

Thanks for investing in us, and thank YOU, yes you who are reading this right now.

Off we go!
Amanda, Matt and Grace



1 comment:

  1. God with you! Blessings!, Walter & Susann

    ReplyDelete