Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Lots of Officialness

Greetings everyone!

Astar Helicopter
13 years ago, I began my journey towards serving with Helimission.  That was a long time ago and many days I felt like I would never get to serve on the field.  We have been on the field serving now for a just over 1 year.  I was sent back to the US to do my maintenance courses on the Astar helicopter and the Arriel engine.  It was an amazing month getting to know the machines I'll be fixing, but what was even more amazing was getting to know the guys in class.  I got to meet a lot of strong Christian guys working in aviation and that to me is always really cool!  We all had a lot of fun together and learned a lot too! 
My First Sign-off
After I passed those courses, I was issued a validated license in country and am finally able to sign of my own work again!  Praise God!  After 13 years of preparation I finally got to perform what I've been working so hard towards.  Needless to say I am very excited to serve here keeping our helicopters safe!  I also want to say a big Thank-you to everyone over the years that has invested in me to get me to this place.  I'm officially a certified mechanic in country!!



The other big news is I'm officially going to Jakarta on Monday, June 5, to take my Pilots medical test.  Since I've came to Indonesia I haven't been able to become a pilot do to some medical regulation differences.  This is a BIG prayer request so that I am able to pass my medical and my written test.  On June 6 (June 5 USA time)  I'll be taking my medical exam and I ask that you all pray I can pass without any issues.  Unfortunately, I cannot explain the issues here but most of you know what to pray for!  On June 7, I'll take my written and my hope is that I'll officially be allowed to fly and serve the people here to my full potential.

  If God has other plans for me please pray that I stay content in His will for my life!  I find Psalm 139 very encouraging during this season as it shows just how intimate God is in directing my life.  It says He knows my every move, but also that he leads me by his hand and holds me with his right hand.  No matter the outcome of these tests God will be leading me towards the plans He has for me! Amen! 



This is a very exciting time for me!  I'm very nervous and excited so please pray for my nerves, clarity of mind and for overwhelming peace!

Thank you all for your love and support!  I'll keep you posted as I have news!

In Him,
     Matt Meeuwse

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete