Sunday, June 18, 2017

I Passed!

Hello All,
Almost two weeks ago, I went to Jakarta with a lot of unknowns ahead of me.  I went to take my medical to see if it would be possible for me to fly in Papua.  I was pretty nervous!  I left Wamena on the first flight out and landed in Sentani 30 minutes later.  I had a few hours there so I went to visit Amanda and Grace who were helping out at a partner mission group conference.  It was great to see them and pray together before I left.  As I was checking in, I saw my good friends the Wiley's checking in to the same flight to Jakarta!  So we got to travel all the way there together which was nice for both of us!  When I arrived in Jakarta I grabbed a taxi to the hotel and got settled in.  I ran out for some food and came back to the hotel.  The next morning I had to be ready to go at 5:45 am for the test the my future hinged on.  I spent some time praying and giving my future over to God! 

I got my medical!
The next morning I got up and ready to go.  Spent some time talking with Carter as we waited for Matt, our pilot in Palu.  We all headed to the place of the test.  It was nice having Matt there with me to keep my mind off of things.  We got signed in and went through all the stations on the lower floor.  The eye exams were upstairs, so as I climbed the stairs as my hear began to race a bit.  I walked right by the eye exams right to the place for blood pressure, which in hindsight probably wasn't the smartest because I was so nervous, but I passed that too!  I went into the vision test and when they pulled out the color vision book I was very nervous.  He opened up the book and at first I didn't see the number, but after what seemed like an eternity the number came into focus and I never hesitated again for the next 12 plates.  I passed all the vision tests without an issue.

I had so many people praying for me it was awesome.  After the test was over, relief flowed over me and I heard so many stories of people praying, I was so overwhelmed.  I almost started crying but I still had a few more stations to get through, so I had to keep it all under control.  By 11 am I had my medical in hand!  Praise God for being my vision once again!

The next day I took my Airlaws test and passed that too.  So now I am waiting for my Indonesian Validated license to show up.  Praise God I get to fly in Papua!

Thank you all for all of your prayers and support during this huge test for me!  I really felt loved from all the notes of encouragement before and the notes of excitement afterwards! 

I can't wait to be able to serve at my full capacity

here in Papua!

Love you all,
                     Matt

1 comment: