Monday, August 12, 2013

Amanda's Perspective on Helimission

Hello Friend that is reading this. =)

I am writing this to share my experience with Helimission and what God did in my heart when Matt and I visited headquarters.
Matt and I traveled to Switzerland to go to the Candidate Decision Camp in June.  Matt had already been to this camp back in 2009 as a single man.  Since then so much has changed for him....mainly myself entering the picture!  =) He got married and even though I was always on board with mission work and Indonesia, Helimission, as well as Matt and I, thought it would be wise for us to go through this process as a couple.  And I am so thankful that we did.

Before the CDC in June I was on board with Helimission, but it was Matt's passion, Matt's goal, and I was going along for the ride.  Being able to go to Switzerland and see the passion and absolute love these people have for Jesus and the way their heart is all about helping lost people meet Him changed me. I was able to shake hands with names I had only seen on an email before. I was able to hear the heart of Helimission, and all the staff. What an amazing group of people, they treated us like family from the second we stepped off the train at the station. They all are so on fire for Jesus.  Seeing the lives they have an impact on, and how many tribes and people will never see hell because of what Jesus is doing through Helimission was pretty cool for me.

I now can honestly say that Helimission is OUR passion, and OUR goal. Not only am I okay with it, but I am excited about it!  That is only something that God could have done. =)

Of course we have a few things we need to do before we go overseas, most importantly is have this little baby girl!!! =)   But we are on track and of course we ask for your prayers. Prayers that we would keep Jesus at the center of what we are doing with Helimission, that it is never about us.  That God would give us wisdom to make wise choices financially, health wise, baby wise etc, and that His hand will be over this whole thing preparing us and our hearts.   Thanks for reading. =)

Can't wait to post pictures of our little girl soon! Just under a month away!

Much love,
Amanda

2 comments: