Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving (from the future!)

Here in Indonesia we are a day ahead of you in the States.  This means that right now we are done with our Thanksgiving.  It's cleaned up and we are sitting here about to go to bed.  I must say that thanksgiving was a HUGE success! 

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house.  We had 13 people here.  People from Australia, Germany, Papua and America. (we were the only Americans. 

It was my first time hosting Thanksgiving and making the majority of the food.  I was a bit nervous since everything had to be made from scratch!  It was kinda fun to run around looking for similar foods and substitutes to what I could not find.  

It was a huge success! Dinner was delicious!  I was up until 3am the night before Thanksgiving cooking, baking, cleaning.  I am tired, but my heart is full.  As we cleaned we listened to Christmas music!  =) Ahhh. 

It was HOT AND HUMID today.  I think I sweat out water as soon as I drank it.  LOL.  But gosh darn it we still drank homemade hot apple cider!..because......TRADITION!  (I can hear Tevia now!)
  =)  

I loved this day.  =)  Enjoy our photos!   Happy Thanksgiving America!  =)   Cant wait to see your pictures! =) 

Everyone (minus me)
Amanda 
My pumpkin pie cooking in my oven. The oven is a small removable box that sits on top of our propane burners.  It works pretty good! 


The Spread =) 

The Joy. =) 

More joy. =) 

The Grace. 


Chicken turned out great! 

Yum! 


Happy Thanksgiving! 



My momma will be proud.  I hunted down pickles to make these!  No easy task! =) 

Hiding under everyones plate was a note to them of why we are thankful for them personally.   We told them to look under their plates right before we dished up. =) 

Add caption

Everyones personal notes. =) 

My first ever made from scratch pumpkin pie.  Wow! And it turned out great! 

Matt and my language helper Sylvia! 

Grace and Layla enjoying some pie! 

My heart was full tonight! 

The whole crew!  Happy Thanksgiving from Indonesia! 



hey look! Even the cat made it in the crazy family photo! 


No comments:

Post a Comment